Saturday, January 28, 2012

Love is but a word

It has taken me some time to realize that one thousand years to live alone, is not worth even one dime. I have chosen to redefine my truth, as these findings can not and will not be ignored. You have become dear to my heart and to my soul no less precious than my own life. You are my morning dew; I am the grass that glistens as the sun rises to take its place in the sky. You are the sun itself, at times shining so brightly over land and sea helping both trees and seaweed photosynthesize.

I have been careful before to not fall victim to this trap but, with you, careless is an understatement to say the least about how easy it has been to fall into...

L - Letters in your mail box to keep it old school...
O - Open my journal to any page and read about you...
V - Victory is only sweet when you don't let me win...
E - Explaining my flaws because my layers have been thick over the years but, for you, I'm making them thin.

...LOVE.

What a mystery, the thoughts within your mind are, and how rewarding it has been to read... (every expression on your face, every gesture that you make, every emotion, how to trigger every reaction from sweet to bitter.) ...the wrinkles on your brain.

I don't think you really know, because I don't think that I have told you, about how I feel. To me it is real...

L - Learning the history of how you came to be...
O - Over explaining your disappointments to me...
V - Validating that you are truly unique...
E - Expecting me to run away from you because you think you are not complete.

...LOVE.

Your insecurities are cute, baby. Laugh out loud, but it is true, lady. The truth, in fact, is really that I'm insecure too and maybe even more than you. Your sexy walk can captivate, your kisses infiltrate the senses, and your eyes can bedazzle a man to the point of being senseless. Your hair flowing freely sends your scents flying in the wind and they're carried to my nose as I breathe. Inhaling itself is ecstatic whenever I'm around you. It is pointless to ask me if I like you because my drug you are and with this love, not having you would be having a bullet but no rifle.

Love is but a word.
One word used often in a common phrase...
One word to bring a man to his knees...
One word to make a woman weep joyfully...
One word to defeat hate...
One word between you and me...
Love is but a word... a word we all need.

No comments:

Post a Comment