Thursday, January 26, 2012

Until my heart gives way, I love you.

Winter nights are spent dreaming of a summer breeze
that may bring your scent and my nose to meet.
The taste of your honey colored skin lingers, still
in my memory. I don't think I ever will
forget your velvet touch.
Your absence has proven itself too much
for me to handle. The thought indeed does strangle
my fragile mind like a noose around my neck as my body dangles.
Midnight dreams torment the mind
as dreams of you are turned to nightmares when, you, I can not find.
Running has become my reaction
as catching up is my life's purpose because my retraction
from "I love you" has seized to be an option.
I love too deeply now to move with caution
and chase is all I can do
Until my heart gives way and lets go of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment